It doesn't take much time, and it is extremely effective: abdominal massage. In just a few minutes every day, for example in the morning, you can do something to improve your digestive health. How exactly you do it as well as the effects on your body are the topics we'll be covering today.
It is so simple to do, and at the same time it's so effective. Massaging your belly has many positive effects and it only requires a few minutes. This simple means of self-care has been scientifically researched – the effects go beyond the stomach and intestines. Findings show that it is beneficial to people's overall well-being.
An effective abdominal massage is easy to do and takes only minutes
Here are the effects that you can expect when you give yourself an abdominal massage:
- Increases circulation in the abdomen, which leads to improved nutrient absorption and oxygen supply for the abdominal organs
- Effectively relaxes the muscles in the region of the intestines, making it easier to free intestinal gases
- Improves the movement of the intestinal muscles (paristalsis), which helps to eliminate constipation and regulate the frequency of bowel movements
- Helps to ensure that food rests more easily move through the digestive system and do not adhere to the walls of the intestines
- Alleviates tension and creates a pleasant warming feeling in the area
- Supports the reduction of tension related to psychological stress and improves the mood
- Improves the posture and reduces back pain
- Can ease the symptoms of haemorrhoids
- For woman, abdominal massage can also help with conditions of the pelvic organs, i.e. the uterus and ovaries
It's so simple - your feelings of well-being are your guide
It's very easy to give yourself an abdominal massage, and it does't take much time at all. The recommended optimal time to do your belly massage is in the morning right after you get out of bed, or even while you're still in the bed. This results in not only improved intestinal metabolism – it also stimulates the entire body. It's best to combine this with the recommendations to be found in our newsletter entitled "A Little Physical Activity Can Be Very Beneficial
" – add it to your morning movement routine. Done in this way, the effects are even greater. If you don't have time in the morning, then you can also do your abdominal massage in the evening just before you go to bed.
To do the massage, simply use your hands to make a circular movement either in a clockwise or a counter-clockwise direction – whichever you prefer. The massage can be very gentle, or you can also use more pressure. If you pay attention to how you feel while you are making the movements, you can't really do anything wrong. You can also either softly or more firmly kneed the area around your navel. A few minutes is enough. Remember to breath deeply while you do the massage, ideally in rhythm with your hand movements.
Straightforward and unfortunately often undervalued: abdominal massage should be a part of your everyday routine
Massaging your own abdomen is so easy to do that many people don't take it seriously and thoughtlessly disregard this means of self-care. It's a shame, because regular belly massage can markedly ease many stomach and intestinal complaints, or even eliminate them entirely.
TIP: When you are taking Bentomed, regularly performing abdominal massage on yourself can help to improve the effectiveness.
Source: Dr. Hiromi Shinya, Living without Disease
Do you have a question about this topic? Would you like to know more about any of our products? We would like to hear from you!
>>> E-mail: email@example.com
>>> Telephone: 0043 (0)1 / 235 032 934
Related to today's topic: Remember to order more before you run out – Bentomed or Bentomed MICRO
Click here and have a look at our online shop!